Civic Nebraska seeking election protectors
LINCOLN — Civic Nebraska is seeking volunteers to serve as election protectors to monitor the Nov. 8 general election in Nebraska.
The election protectors would monitor elections and polling places and report any concerning instances back to Civic Nebraska, according to a news release from the nonprofit organization. They will watch for any irregularities or different treatment of voters and confirm that polling locations comply with the Americans With Disabilities Act.
Several 75-minute training sessions are planned:
- Oct. 17, 5 p.m., Thompson Alumni Center at the University of Nebraska at Omaha, 6705 Dodge St.
- Oct. 24, 5:30 p.m., Civic Nebraska Greater Nebraska HQ, 203 N. Locust St., Grand Island.
- Oct. 25, 5:30 p.m., Kearney Public Library, 2020 First Ave., Kearney.
- Oct. 27, 5:30 p.m., The Foundry, 211 N. 14th St., Lincoln.
- Oct. 15 and 19, 11 a.m. CDT, virtual training for those who live outside these four cities.
Election protectors must be at least 18, live in Nebraska and attend one training session before Election Day.
To volunteer, visit https://bit.ly/CivNebEPP22.